Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Darkness : How it began

One fine morning on a sunny day two voices were heard to be talking to each other.
Slowly the sun turned dark.

One said, "It begins now..!"

 The other looked confused and asked "What does?"

"The darkness..!"

"What's the darkness?"

"I am .."

"What do you want?"

"Share.."

"Share who?"

"Me.."

"Why?"

"Cause i am the darkness but i am not evil.."

"OK,darkness..what have you been doing?"

"Observing.."

"What?"

"Life.."

"Why?"

"To know.."

"Do you know?"

"I know that, i know nothing.."

"What?"

"I do know that what we do know is nothing.."

"Why are we here?"

"To live.."

"What for?"

"Depends.."

"Why?"

"Its our choice.."

"Why?"

"We decide how we live..i don't think we exist in death.."

"Who am i?"

"Depends.."

"Why?"

"You are who you believe you are.."

"Why?"

"because you are incomplete.."

"Why?"

"Cause..whatever force sent us here..wants us to be like that.."

Thus began the thought that made a revolution in the second voice's mind.

That was the day that those two voices decided that they will travel the world thinking about their existence. It was decided that after years of thought and experience they would share their conclusions to each other.

Years passed the two voices went separate ways. They traveled and thought, they experienced life. They grew old. A person is supposed to become wise when he grows old. They were considered wise. Still the darkness hung everywhere. People grew blind. They couldn't see the darkness. They were living in it.

The two voices who grew old and wise met again. The first started to speak :

"Once a person gets angry, he loses his control. He cannot control his emotions. That is what you hate the most about yourself and others. We all have a certain pride in ourselves. We have a feeling that whatever we do is right. But then we are both correct and wrong at the same time. Nothing has been proven yet. The world is full of contradictions. All we are, actually parasites, created to feed on the resources that appear to be created for the parasites by some scientific phenomena. But still once they find a new home they are ready to shift there, only to feed on those resources and finally die. Eat, reproduce and die."
"Now while you are busy with all the things you are busy with, I am still trapped in that vicious loop from which there seems to be no apparent escape. I wonder if anybody else was in this same situation that I was. You see, I don’t see the truth anywhere. I am constantly in search of it. I hear a lot of unproven fantasies and old wives tales about the truth. But there should be some explanation, some evidence of the proof. I have watched science fiction films to find the truth. But still they aren’t entirely true. Those films are just basic imaginations of the fantasies which drive the human mind. Then suddenly I am here, where I was years ago. At the beginning, just confused .Square One. "

The second voice replied :

"I do partly agree with you. We find a reason for our existence; we want to believe in that reason. Else it’s all futile, we do understand that. Humans can’t seem to know anything about the truth. Only that, we seem to know that there exists a truth. When it comes to the subject of our origins I am highly skeptical. One has to see the proof to believe. There have been so many versions of it, that it’s highly complicated and twisted. What should one believe? Whatever one believes will eventually be the truth for him. Teach a man a lie, make him believe it long enough and repeat it over and over again till it becomes his truth. The false truth. You see the paradox.
I don’t know why I should live on this planet. Still haven’t found a reason for existence. I mean, love? Is that the only reason? What good will it do? Science says universe was created by a ‘Big Bang’ and they keep on finding new things and theories. If nothing existed before the universe, who or what created the nothing? I know I am searching for answers to impossible to answer questions. But I have a feeling if we knew the truth we wouldn’t be here. Hence we find a reason."

The first was impressed by the reply. He said :

"I am what I believe I am. You are what you want yourselves to be. According to Einstein, I, you and the universe are all relative. The ‘dawn of mind’ kept me thinking; what would’ve happened if homo-sapiens didn’t have a mind? No thinking capability! None of this would’ve happened! Now once you remove the logical reasoning capability from your brain, we are nothing but memory systems capable of recollecting past and current occurring events, unable to pin point anything about ‘Why the hell is it happening?’. Were we an exception? Or are we just a beginning? A transformation into something else? "

The second replied :

"There are infinite ways or possibilities for why we were created. None of them makes a difference to our lives. While the rest of the population spends their time drooling over celebrities and sport stars, a small group of intellectuals spend their time thinking. Their logic is this:  ‘If at the end of my life I am going to leave my body and all that I have worked and earned, then why should I work and earn money, materials, fame and respect? All goes in flames or are buried in graves. Show me a god, or a ghost, so that I may believe in it. No it does not work like that it’s all a waste! ’ "

"What if we are just a small universe inside a larger universe like in films? There are a lot of questions and no satisfactory answers. Only thing most humans are interested in is to know about the price of petrol or their salary increments. It doesn’t matter. Whatever shit you do, you are going to die anyway. What if the dinosaurs didn’t die out? What if they were exterminated?  Most of you may not believe in other life forms in space. As a famous joke goes,”The surest sign that aliens exists is that they haven’t made contact with us”. We have been born into a system, not out of it. "

The first started speaking again :

"Parallel universe or a universe within a universe or not. We have practically known nothing or have nothing of practical evidence. We know so infinitesimally small part of the large picture. Yes, we gave a name for this. The fact that I don’t believe in a supreme being won’t do me no harm. If such a supreme being does exist and the being can defy science and if this is proven; then why should I pray to such a being that can defy science and bring back the dead, create order out of chaos? Why would such a supreme being require the prayers of an insignificant human whom it had created? Why pray to a being who can wipe us out on a whim? Praying would be useless. The real concept of prayer is work. The offering you really give to the Supreme Being is what you do. He doesn’t need to be pleased. He is my imagination. "

The second was confused it said :

"If you can't be sure that such a power do not exist, how can you say that it does not exist. I believe you are a good man and mean no harm to humanity. Some of the best humanitarians were non believers. If as you say 'You are what you believe you are' then we have wasted our lives thinking about a question which does not have an answer. "

The first replied sadly :

" I believe that is the final truth. "

Still it remains a mystery regarding the identity of those two individuals. Who were they? Perhaps they were the thought in one mind. Or perhaps they were two different minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment